#ACT07 ALL OUT TO CLOSE MARINELAND!
This Sunday October 7th we will observe Marineland’s Closing Day. This campaign has opened and closed with Marineland for the past two years and we are calling on you to help us close this year in a big way. We need all hands, all voices, all people on board. If you can make it out to our demonstration and join us along with Ric O’Barry, NDP MPP Cheri DiNovo, Phil Demers and many others - then please do! If you can’t please do your best to observe Oct 7th in your own way. We need bloggers, we need shares, we need tweets, we need emails, and so much more! Below are some action suggestions for next Sunday.
- Hold a screening in your town. Screen “The Cove,” “Sharkwater,” or any documentaries that educate the public on the plight of marine mammals.
- Hold a fundraiser in your town for Marineland Animal Defense - vegan bake sale, lemonade stand, garage sale, etc.
- If you are anywhere near a marine park - organize a demonstration! If not, set up an outreach table in your town in a busy area and educate the public about captivity.
- If you are a blogger - reach out to Marineland Animal Defense for an interview and post that interview or commentary on Oct 7th encourage others to share.
- If you use social media do your best to share photos, video, information on all of your networks. If you are on twitter and/or tumblr be sure to use the hashtag #ACT07
- Email or Fax Libby Davies and Fin Donnelly urging them to present a motion to close the wild capture loophole and cc your local MP. Also, email Dalton McGuinty urging him to introduce strict regulations with the option of park closure and cc your local MPP.
- Sign the Change.org Marineland petition if you haven’t already and urge others to do the same!
MOST IMPORTANTLY - NEVER GIVE UP! This campaign is a pressure campaign dedicated to increasing it’s opposition to John Holer and Marineland. In order to do that - we need you to dedicate yourselves to following this issue through til the end. On Oct 7th make that pledge.