First off, we have a demonstration to announce! On November 8th we will be marching from the clinic of June Mergl - Niagara Animal Medical Centre - to the house of John Holer for the “Follow the Money” Marineland March. This will be a candle lit march and we will have pick up locations near the end of the march for people who cannot make the long full march. The facebook event page is below and poster is attached and any help with promotion (RSVP/SHARE/INVITE) is greatly appreciated. As the season is over it is important to keep up on this issue and introduce more key players who are complicit in the abuse and neglect at Marineland.
Second, we have been busy giving talks and also setting up speaking events. M.A.D. co-founder, organizer and spokesperson Dylan Powell gave a talk at Brock University this week for the 3rd year Animals and Law class - our 7th talk at Brock University of the last two years - while organizer and spokesperson Rachel Larivee also gave a talk at Western University in London this week. We also have many more events coming up in Guelph and Hamilton. One large event coming up that we’d love for members to support is the 2nd Annual Toronto Pig Save fundraiser in Toronto on Saturday November 3rd. Proceeds from the event are split between grassroots animal advocacy organizations including Marineland Animal Defense and the event includes speakers from M.A.D, our sister campaign Toronto Aquarium Resistance Alliance, and ex head trainer Phil Demers. Poster attached. Please support the event in any way you can.
Third, there was an important political development today when St.Catharines Conservative Party MP Rick Dysktra made public statements supporting a Federal ban on the wild capture of marine mammals. Such a statement from the Conservative Party, and from a local politician, is rare and signals that a Federal motion may get multi party support (and not just be symbolic). Stay tuned as we continue to keep Federal Wild Capture a focus.
Fourth, we have announced our Opening Day Demonstration in May 2013! May 18 2013 we will be back at Marineland - as will Ric O’Barry! We will be following up on Vijay’s wish and asking for everyone to bring a folded whale origami and hoping to organize for over 1,000 people! Event page is below and poster is attached.
Donations - we accept donations to our paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org and can also arrange for cash/cheque pick up’s and drop off’s
- lysandr-skavada likes this
- atravellingcupcakefairy reblogged this from marinelandanimaldefense
- ilovethewhales likes this
- weeptowaterthetrees reblogged this from marinelandanimaldefense and added:
- niagaraadl reblogged this from marinelandanimaldefense
- thesecretreef reblogged this from save-lolita
- hannah---rose reblogged this from marinelandanimaldefense
- megliofelice reblogged this from save-lolita
- lilpinkcoupe reblogged this from save-lolita
- lilpinkcoupe likes this
- bcrowsnest reblogged this from marinelandanimaldefense
- addictedtomyblackberry likes this
- save-lolita reblogged this from marinelandanimaldefense
- marinelandanimaldefense posted this